This position is for:
Visit Wesley College's' website: https://www.wesley.school.nz/
Head of Department Health and Physical Education
We have an exciting opportunity for a proven, or aspiring leader to lead our Health and Physical Education Department from the beginning of 2022. Sport is a huge part of our school culture, history and heritage and plays a significant part of students day to day life at the college. In addition, we have outstanding sports facilities including a refurbished weights room and immaculate fields. Wesley College is focused on high levels of student success in an innovative and nurturing environment where student leadership and service is central. All teachers are assigned a growth coach to help develop and improve their practice and are expected to operate under the special character of the school. We would welcome candidates that have:
• A commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi, culturally responsive practice and te reo Māori
• A willingness to be reflective, to receive feedback, and to be open to learning
• Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills that foster positive relationships within the school and wider school community
• A passion for education that is inspiring, collaborative, develops leadership and is forward-thinking
• Take on school wide roles in a collegial and small school environment.
To apply, please complete the form below and submit a CV and cover letter by 22nd November.
Salary - 2MU +2MMA
Start date commences term 1 2022